Giftsoc provides a website where family members (and other groups) can exchange gifts online privately.
What is a Soc?
A Soc is a wish list.
What is a Gift Exchange?
A Gift Exchange is an event you are someone you know sets up and invites family, friends, or others to participate. More about gift exchanges
What is a Gift Exchange Soc?
A Gift Exchange Soc is a Soc (wish list) filled with wishes shared only to a particular gift exchange event. Other members of that same gift exchange can see it and you can see theirs.
Ways to Wish!
Quick AddAdd a wish to your Soc whenever you see this icon...
A super convenient feature which lets you share a product link by email or text. Just browse your favorite website store or shopping app. When you find something you like, share it right to your Soc! Find out more and get started
Add a Wish to a Gift Exchange
Add a Wish from The Soc Shop
We have a unique set of shops which you can browse to get ideas. Click a product from The Soc Shop and add it directly to your Soc (or your dependent's Soc). Go shopping
What makes up a wish? Take a look at our wish features
A gift exchange is for family, friends, or colleagues to share wish lists with each other. Things to know about a gift exchange...
PrivateOnly invited members of a gift exchange can join.
Can have several at the same timeSome examples...
- Holiday gift exchange with family members in your household.
- Holiday gift exchange with extended family (one for your family and one for your in-laws).
- Sharing Valentine wish lists with a spouse or partner.
- A private gift exchange Soc just for your eyes only.
One wish. Multiple gift exchanges.Share one wish to multiple gift exchange events. This is ideal if you want a particular wish to be flagged as unavailable to all members of all gift exchanges you've joined.
Wishes are private (or not)Wishes are kept private until you choose to add them to a gift exchange.
What's in a Wish?
All the standard stuff...
- Name of your wish (required)
- Ranking: How bad do you want this wish? (1-just kinda, 5-really really want it! Defaults to 1 star.)
- Price (optional)
- Quantity (defaults to 1)
- Additional info (optional)
- Image (scroll to choose)
- Web address: After adding, click to pull info from that website right into the form.
- Who's Soc? Choose yourself or a dependent.
- Who will see it? Choose one or more gift exchange events, or choose none to keep it private.
A Soc is a term coined to represent the traditional Holiday "sock" or Christmas stocking, and the "social" nature of getting together in a fun gift-giving environment.